Be our partner in co-creating a month-long, city-wide gratitude project. Let’s make Columbus vibrate with waves of gratitude. Imagine it! Waves of gratitude rippling out from every corner, every shop, every school yard, every windowsill, every mat! This October, the vibration begins with YOU.
Join us for a month-long "appreciation practice". Just as we practice noticing our breath and our sensations, it is a practice to notice the abundance that already exists in our lives: A Gratitude Practice! For the next 30 days we will stop not only to “smell the roses,” but to thank them for their beauty, to acknowledge the person who planted them, to thank the earth and the rain and the sun for growing them and to appreciate our own bodies for the delight of experiencing them. We will explore the ways that yoga opens us to gratitude both on and off the mat. Together, we will discover the magic that happens when we cultivate an attitude of gratitude.
These simple practices can literally change your life! Science is showing what yogis have known for a long time: gratitude makes us happier, healthier, increases our resilience and helps us feel all around more connected.
WE KNOW THAT OUR YOGA PRACTICES CAN BE AN EXPRESSION OF GRATITUDE - AND CAN INSPIRE us TO feel GRATITUDE! SO WE ARE INVITING YOU TO TAKE PART IN AN IN-STUDIO GRATITUDE CHALLENGE TO BENEFIT THE YOGA ON HIGH FOUNDATION.*
You might also choose to be a part of the online gratitude community. Share your gratitude practices via Instagram post to @yogaonhighfoundation #30daysofgratitude #gratitudeguru
Here are some off-the-mat gratitude ideas.
*In-Studio Gratitude Challenge Guidelines:
Solo: 21 or 30 classes
- 30 day challenge: Join by October 1
- 21 day challenge: Join by October 7
- 21 or 30 classes at studio
Team: 2 or more people, 16 classes each
- 16 x number of team members = total practices needed per team
- Create unique team name
Practice at Yoga on High all 16, 21 or 30 days.
All open classes, series classes, and aerial, including meditation, pranayama and restorative – all great ways to round out your practice.
Gratitude Practices: Swap out up to 3 practices with expressions of gratitude (found here), and post picture and caption to Instagram with tags: @yogaonhighfoundation #30daysofgratitude #gratitudeguru
When you successfully complete your in-studio challenge:
- Receive finishers tank or t-shirt
- PRIZES!!! To include: 1-hour private yoga session with Marcia Miller; 1-hour private iRest meditation session with Jasmine Grace, 1-hour private yoga session with Anne Weidinger; 1-hour private yoga session with Lara Falberg, 1-hour Sekoia Energy Session with Karine Wascher, $250 studio credit, a 1-hour thai yoga session with Charles Gibson, a 1-hour massage with Stacee Hill, a one of a kind custom mala made by Michele Vinbury, a one-hour yoga photo session with Kelli Schaffter and an ENSO tattoo giveaway!
When you sign up for the In-Studio Challenge you'll get:
- Gratitude Guru Welcome Kit
- In-studio tracking board and challenge Facebook group
- A fun, supportive community of friends!
- 30 day Gratitude Challenge practices (sequences, pranayama, mudra, meditation, mantra)
- Chance to win awesome prizes